Michael J. McKasy
MICHAEL J. McKASY has worked for the law firm of Ladenburg McKasy Durkin Inc. P.S. since 1974, becoming a partner in 1979.
He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota and received his law degree from Seattle University. He and his wife, Peggy, have two children.
Mike has been active in the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association and the Washington Association For Justice (formerly Washington State Trial Lawyers Association).
He has received the following recognition:
- President, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Special Board of Governors’ Leadership Award, Washington State Bar Association
- Professionalism Award, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- “Super Lawyer” designation by Washington Law & Politics magazine
- Selected as a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Some of his cases have included the following recoveries:
- $2,000,000 for death of a 61-year-old lady who died in an apartment fire. The apartment complex did not have the alarm system required by the international fire code
- $1,650,000 for death of a 64-year-old man on a moped that was struck by a police officer’s vehicle which was travelling in emergency mode on the wrong side of the road
- $800,000 for construction worker hit and injured in the shoulder by boom of concrete pump truck
- $90,000 for school teacher who fell on a partially repaired side walk while exiting a grocery store, requiring surgery
- $137,500 for 84-year-old lady who tripped on uneven patio around swimming pool at a home she was visiting, injuring her shoulder that had previously gone through a surgical repair
- $95,000 for an 87-year-old client struck by another resident who was driving a motorized scooter in an assisted living facility
- Confidential settlement for spectator at air show where plane crashed and caused amputation involving three fingers
- $2.2 million verdict in pit bull attack case against three dog owners and Pierce County
- Confidential recovery in high seven figures against automobile manufacturer for quadriplegic injuries in roll-over accident
- $4,000,000 for 72 year old client rear ended by truck
- $1,115,000 for client with fractured leg in head-on collision
- $325,000 in “bad cop/child rape” case
- $812,500 in work site electrical shock case
- $786,511 in highway design collision case
- $865,000 in nursing home negligence case
- Jury verdict against client’s own insurance company (State Farm) for $224,000 for auto accident, plus another $40,000 settlement with the same company for “bad faith” and violation of the Insurance Fair Conduct Act.
- $350,000 settlement for client who was shot in the knee by a drunk bounty hunter.
As a general practitioner over the years, Mike had expertise and trial experience in real estate and family law, but now concentrates his practice primarily on personal injury work. His current areas of practice include motor vehicle accidents, product liability, wrongful death, construction site accidents, medical negligence, and premises liability.
Mike enjoys working in a law firm where compassion for the client is paramount and the entire firm provides the teamwork necessary to aggressively represent clients.
Mike’s legal assistant is Kelsey Frey.