James F. Christnacht
JAMES F. CHRISTNACHT was admitted to the Washington State Bar Association in 1984 having graduated from the University of Puget Sound Law School and the University of Washington with a business degree.
Mr. Christnacht is licensed to practice in all Washington State and Municipal Courts, The Federal District Court and The Puyallup Tribal Court.
Accidents and injury cases make up a portion of his practice.
Some of his case recoveries include:
- $100,000.00 for a water related inner tubing accident
- $650,000.00 settlement for intersection collision
Jim Christnacht does not only handle personal injury cases. He also handles:
- Wills and Estate Planning and Revocable Living Trusts
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Misdemeanor criminal defense including driving matters, DUI, Reckless Driving, Negligent Driving and Traffic Tickets.
- Expungement-vacating and dismissing both eligible felony and misdemeanor charges
- Restoration of Civil Rights including gun rights
- Real Estate and Business Law
- Adult and step-parent adoptions
- Real Estate and Business Law.
As a second generation lawyer, Jim follows in the footsteps of both John Troup and George Christnacht. He continues their mission of helping people.
Jim is also a Washington State Certified Profession Guardian (CPG). He has been the guardian for many individuals through the years including disabled Veterans. He enjoys representing individual Guardians before the courts. He understands what their needs and concerns are.
Jim is an active member of the Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, WSAJ and the ABA. Jim Christnacht is also a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) and the Washington Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (WAELA).
Jim is involved in the Pierce County Volunteer legal service clinic (VLS). He is the immediate Past President of the Tacoma Pierce County Crime Stoppers and has been on the board for many years.
He and his wife Debra have 3 children.
Jim’s Legal Assistant is Lindsey Colon.